* So, Debian 6.0
Squeeze is released! And, congratulations and thanks to all people involved. Lets have party now!
* I reached Delhi on Thursday night. Grepping JNU was easy due to pre-paid taxi from airport. Got my room at Aravali Hostel and found none of the known person at first site. Oldmonk’s reply to my call, ‘where are you?’ was hilarious one. Finally, I found Karunakar and we enjoyed ‘Maggie’ at 12 AM.
* Both days were entirely full of fun. I talked about ‘Debian-IN‘ project. Unfortunately, my talk got last place on schedule (I think due to track allocation etc) and so, number of people was less. The fun thing was that whole #linux-india channel (almost, except famous Lap_64) was there. And channel was so quite during 2 days..
* Even it was short notice, I got ticket (last ticket in Bhavanagar Express) luckily! Thanks to our receptionist Rochelle! Reached early in the morning on Friday and again it was headache to get rickshaw with meter working properly! I have to pay 50 Rs (Standard rate for any place for stranger ;)). We have got nice guest home at Ahmedabad. With warm welcome, my all usual weakness from traveling went away in seconds. Took some pictures from 8th floor. Buildings, Houses, Peacocks!
* Day started with meeting, thank God, it was really good meeting than our imagination from previous experiences. Fixed some technical issues. And then we went to our new office. Awesome furniture, spacious area and yes, very good connectivity 😛 Again, went to GVP and came back late evening. Ah, before that, Ashok helped me to book tickets for Freed.in! Again thanks to Rochelle and of course Ashok. You rocks man! We then visited Reliance Fresh near Vijay Char Rasta. Damn good (and cheap) vegetables and food things.
* Nirav came early in the morning. Had nice tea and breakfast. Office and GVP visits. Nice trip so far, except my wifi in laptop, didn’t worked. Came back in Shatabdi Express yesterday night.
* How can I forgot to say thanks to Komalbhabhi for nice food 🙂
* Sometime back, I came to know this little cool tool for previewing and comparing fonts. Did RFP–>ITP and then I came to know that it has one file gnome-specimen-about.svg under cc-by-sa license (Thanks to Torsten Werner for pointing out!). What to do?? I searched over packages and found that atleast one package is under similar license. So, I went ahead and submitted package (Was it brave step?). It took long time in NEW (due to license issue), but finally it got place. I contacted author (Wouter Bolsterlee) and told about this. A nice discussion followed. Tried Inkscape, no luck. And finally, 0.3.1 is with-out that cc-by-sa license!! You can get upstream tarball here.
/me 😛 (Debian package will hit soon!)
* Late but, we submitted joint proposal for Project Days at Foss.in for ‘Debian and Ubuntu‘. I hope that it will be accepted and we will have great time/fun. Thanks to Teknofreak, Soumyadip and others for help in drafting proposal.