* I am in Font Workshop and currently learning basics of Font Technology and writing this post 🙂 Well, event is going good and I am (We are) enjoying it! We were somewhat late so, I missed Mayank‘s talk 😦 and then attended Priti’s talk on ‘Festival Speech Demo’. I didn’t know that priti is such good speaker! After that I went to attend Arun’s talk, he did really good job! His and Vijay’s talk was parallal, so, I missed Vijay’s OpenLazlo magic!!
Lunch was good 🙂
* GNUnify 2007 is there! If you are wondering where the website of the event hidden, here it is!
* I did ITP for festival-hi and festival-mr after Priti Patil of CDAC gave ‘New Year Gift’ to Indic Community! Now, suddenly, I got message in IRC when I was at work. And rest is the story. And lesson: If you releasing your software under GPL or similar license, let people do whatever they want. Obey the rules of particular community. Act quick (atleast for ITP!). And keep the good work continue!
* Thanks to Sankarshan for taking care of issue. May be We will have festival-hi and festival-mr in New queue. Cheers!
* IRC log is available here for people who want to see the issue.
* I did ITP for festival-hi and festival-mr. Interesting thing was that Cydork (Vihag) made package and uploaded to mentors.d.n and I didn’t knew that. 😦 So, always do ITP before you start working on any package, else it will be misunderstanding!
* Year 2006 was (still 5 days are left) wonderful! I got married to K and post-marriage life is going on at best pace! Good visit of foss.in together and focus on Debian works in last 3 months, D-I Gujarati can be call my achievements in last 6 months.
* I predict that coming year will be more exciting!
* The following is my wishlist!
– Travel to: Palanpur, Goa, Delhi, and where are above things..
– Get: Digicam (Feb – its coming!), Mobile for K, Lappy!
– Misc: Go to KBC and win!
– Books: Lots of Gujarati Books, No Self-help craps!
* I also wish to have Debian ‘etch’ stable as soon as possible. I also hope that I got my AM in 2007 and will do all require things for that. I also expect some very GOOD news.. 😉
* Lots of learnings! As I mention before, I tried to get festival-gu working with minimal hack of festival-te. I come to conclusion is it is now job of some what more attention and feedback from others regarding language specific stuffs. But, I also found that festival-te debian package also need to apply upstream patch(s) to work correctly. (see: bug: #404463). I also found solution of Kline to our IP from oftc.net’s IRC channels!
* I hardly sleep for 15 minutes in front of my lcd during event. Pizza was good and thanks to bigbazaar! Thanks to everyone for participation. We are planning to have next HackFest in starting of Feb. See also Nirav’s post about this.
* So, what we have hacked till now? We started with introduction, ideas, quake3, Pizza, movie, free hack session. I did some r&d on festival based on festival-te for Gujarati language. Telugu team did really great to work and it can be called hacking (specially to force Unicode work with festival). I also updated gnome-orca package based on feedback of Mario Lang (Accessibility Team). Finally, moved to Ubuntu edgy (some part was remaining..) at Office (with chrooted Dapper!) and feel not much special except Firefox 2 and new graphics.
* Arun/Vinay took interview of Nirav (and me – most of the questions were N.A. to me!) and it was good exercise.
* People are feeling sleepy as Vishal is playing K-Series songs now.. :0
* New graphical debian installer requires your support for testing! It now includes Bengali, Hindi and Gujarati languages support! I want you to test it and let me know, if there are any issues with it. You can get it for i386 and AMD64. This is net install ISO. So, this is just around 12 mb. You can also use qemu for this.
Download iso and qemu, and just run: qemu -cdrom mini.iso
* When K was teaching drawing to childrens of neighbours in vacation, I thought that there must br drawing program for children in GNU/Linux and wow I find this nice tuxpaint. I just translate it in Gujarati (both main and stamps file). If you want it in your language, just see this page. If your language is there, no problem. But, it is not listed there, pick Kbabel and make it available for your language! Thanks to tux4kids people for helping me very much!