* .. because its too cold, and fortunately my laptop heats so much. Sometime bad things are good for life
* On Saturday night, while watching some horror movie, I got SMS of Anurag (and Pradeepto already invited me/us on IRC!) that we are meeting Kishore tomorrow. Wanna come? It was undecided until 10:30 am, and suddenly, I took bath. Camera was ready. And, I reached and found dudes after some try.
* It was ‘Pizzeteria’ in front of ‘Hotel Ambassador’. Good Pizza. Roshan and me were veggie, others (Kishore, Anurag, Pradeepto) were only non-veggie! And, we talked lots of things. Mostly about upcoming events like Foss.in and Feb’s Freed.in.
* We then walked to Chopati for having ‘Green Mirchi Ice Cream’, Kishore discovered this during his early visit to Mumbai and we were not knowing this wonderful stuff even being Mumbaikars!
* Again, we had nice discussion and nice photography on ‘Pradeepto’ 😉 And then ‘Orange Ginger’ and then ‘Orange Juice’.
Kishore, we will love to meet you again 😛
* Yesterday, we had meeting with Mozilla guys, Chris and Seth at HBCSE. I was touch with Seth from some days and made this announcement on ILUG-Bom mailing list. Nirav was backbone behind this meet. 42 people did RSVP for meet.
* I reached there at around 9.30 AM, Ankit was already there and he came long way from Pune (and paid 500/- from Thane to HBCSE too!), we met after 2 years and I felt great after seeing him – our l10n hero. We chatted while, ate ‘Idali’ and Chris and Seth was there at 10 AM. Perfect. But, there was only 6 people. We waited till 11 and setup tshirts on stage, projector etc. People were coming like they are coming in marriage!
* I gave 1 minute welcome speech. Seth started talk at 11 AM. People grab Tshirts, Pins, Mouse pads (wow!) and cool stickers. Chris joined presentation to talk about how Mozilla evolve. We had nice discussion and question/answers too. Lunch was good. We had presentations from different people, including Ankit’s step-by-step procedure to start new language process for localization in Mozilla-* packages.
* Krishnakant Mane showed us, how Firefox is capable with accessibility. I also thanks him here for Gnome-orca package (I did ITP after his demonstration in Dec ’06 Lug meet). Siji showed some issues and its solution with printing. Dr. Nagarjuna presented ‘gnowledge’ extension for Firefox. Shantanu also gave demo on transliteration extension for Indian languages.
* Somehow, Official lug meet didn’t happen. Speaker was missing! I seated together with other IRCers of #linux-india in canteen and we talked about various things. It was real fun to hear Pradeepto after long time. BG came too late (too late to have nice stickers!) 😉
* I officially hate Mumbai traffic, now. Many thanks to people who did RSVP and didn’t appear.
* .. is not easy! The little one is doing fine but mom was feeling some weakness due to lost of sleep at night, so we went to hospital today. Now, I am thanking myself for being here and having 2 weeks off from Office/Traveling.
If you wondering that why it is hard to be mom/papa? See below.
My brother recorded voice of above feat. Very interesting, but I wasn’t able to listen it fully!
* We are expecting ‘Good News’ in some days (Doctor gave date around 18th to 23rd June). Koki (and upcoming baby) is fine and just waiting for me!
I hope this [VAC] will be cool (I will try to keep my packages updated as always — feel free to do NMU if you find any RC bugs!). I know there will not be rest for us for next some years 🙂
Mumbai, Here I come.