Debian Bug Reporting and More For Dummies
* It looks like people don’t know how and when to report bugs to Debian BTS. Following are some steps for them:
1. Fire terminal, type ‘reportbug’. Follow instructions. Use ‘reportbug-ng’ if needed! If you are not comfortable with terminal, firing a mail to ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ with proper subject is fine. Look at example of any bugs. Its very easy.
2. If you are using ‘Sid’. Don’t forget to report bug when they are encounters.
3. File a bug, rather than crying about maintainer not responding and blah blah.
4. While updating system to Lenny, Keep such documents handy.
5. Ask 🙂